Be True to Yourself
2018. It’s a new year. A new year filled with promise. A new year filled with hopes and dreams. A new year where you have the chance to say, this year will be different.
This year I will succeed in my resolutions. This year I will lose weight and get in shape, volunteer more, let go of past hurts. This year I will be a better mother, fiancée, daughter, and sister. This is the year I will stick to my budget, work harder, communicate better and be the person everyone wants me to be.
So many resolutions. So many opportunities to fail. So many truly meaningless words that sound good on paper but have no basis in my reality.
This year will be different. This year there is no long list of resolutions I have no way of keeping. This year I’ve made one.
Be True to Yourself.
This is going to be the biggest resolution challenge I’ve ever made. This is going to be a lifelong commitment. And re-commitment as I grow and learn and evolve into the person I was meant to be.
- I will be true to myself.
- I will give myself the space and time and listen to my core.
- I will respect myself thereby gaining the respect of those around me.
- I will find the courage to accept myself as I am and not what others think I should be.
- I will not be afraid to be who I am.
- I will make my own decisions for my best interests and not those who have their own agenda.
- I will say no when I feel like it even if it disappoints someone else.
- I will understand the difference between helping someone and sacrificing myself to make someone else happy.
- I will take responsibility for my life and not blame others.
- I will shape my own destiny.
This is going to be challenging yet fulfilling at the same time. It’s a commitment I am willing to make one baby step at a time. If I stumble, I will pick myself up and try again. There is no failure in being true to myself, only failure for not trying.
Being true to myself will make me a better person who can achieve my goals and change not only my life, but the lives of those around me.